Saturday, September 29, 2012

Interview with the lovely Bella Harte


Deirdra: What are your favorite kind of books to read and why?
Bella Harte: I like to read a lot of different genres, but at the moment my favourite is Young Adult or YA PN. The Young Adult books are a nice bit of escapism and lots of fun, nothing too serious, and yet still complex enough to keep you turning those pages until the very last word.

Deirdra: How many books on average would you say you read a year?
Bella Harte: I would say that on average I read a book a week, but if I go on holiday I can read a book a day.  So a two week vacation is another 14 books,

Deirdra: What is the most recent book you read? Can you tell us a little about it?
Bella Harte: I’ve just read ‘Rapture’ from the Fallen Series by Lauren Kate.  It is the fourth and final book in the series, where after a long wait we find out everything we’ve wanted to know since book one ~ No Spoilers from me though, but Amazon.com has this to say:

RAPTURE, the fourth & final FALLEN novel, is the Lauren Kate book the world has been waiting for.

The sky is dark with wings. . . .
Like sand through an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past, they must find the place where the angels fell to earth.
Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again. Yet together they face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed.
And suddenly Luce knows what must happen. For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now is the only one that truly matters. In the fight for Luce, who will win?
The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.



Deirdra: What is the most disappointing thing authors do?
Bella Harte: I really wouldn’t like to comment, as being an author I don’t think answering that would be appropriate! LOL

Deirdra: Who are your top five favorite authors?
Bella Harte: Top 5 at the present moment, well let’s see, I like in no particular order:  Becca Fitzpatrick, Shannon Delany, Jennifer Lynn Barnes, Kimberly Derting & Jana G. Oliver and there are many more besides.

Deirdra: How do you feel about e-books?
Bella Harte: I don’t mind them, as my bookcases are filled to overflowing and then some, so at least I can indulge my passion for books without having to get a bigger house now!

Deirdra: If you could give a message to authors what would it be?
Bella Harte: My message to authors would be: You Rock ~ Keep on Writing!

Deirdra: Have you ever thought about writing a book?
Bella Harte: Yes, I have written several.  The first soon to be released.

Deirdra: What other talents and hobbies to you have?
Bella Harte: Apart from writing, I love animals, I like hiking, I paint, I also do a little interior design and furniture restoration. I like gardening but only if it’s not raining, however here in England, it rains a lot, so the gardening is the last thing that ever gets done.

Deirdra: Where is your favorite place to read?
Bella Harte: At home in bed, before sleep.  On holiday, on a sun-lounger under a big umbrella, with a nice cool drink with a little umbrella in it and a straw too, placed on the table next to me!

Deirdra: Do you have a favorite reading snack?
Bella Harte: No, I find it impossible to hold a book and snack at the same time, with me it’s either one of the other, not concurrently.

Deirdra: What books have made you cry?
Bella Harte: Black Beauty by Anna Sewell, The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Color Purple by Alice Walker, Watership Down by Richard Adams, A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett, just to name a few.

Deirdra: What books have made you laugh?
Bella Harte: The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (the entire series) Anything by Terry Pratchett, Barking by Tom Holt, The Portable Door by Tom Holt, All Creatures Great & Small by James Herriot, The Mad Weirdo's Watchers Guide by Tom Koch.
There are so many more, but that’s just a little taster.

Deirdra: What kind of books are you looking to read next? What is on your reading list?
Bella Harte: I’m looking to read more YA PN and my reading list looks like this:


Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
The Savage by Bree Despain
Hades  by Alexandra Adornetto
Foretold by Jana Oliver
Dark Heart Surrender by Lee Munroe
Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
Until I Die by Amy Plum
Dreamless by Josephine Angelini

Plus about 10 more right now, I have a tall stack on my nightstand, so I just keep working my way down the heap and once they are all read its Kindle time.


Deirdra: Is there any other message you would like to give the literary community?
Bella Harte: Only this: Keep on reading, keep supporting all the authors out there, new and old and just enjoy every book for what it is.


If you want to know more about me, my writing and my books, you can find out further information at my website and blog.  I’m also on GoodReads, Twitter, Google+ & Book Blogs details can be found on my website.

My Links are:



Thank you so much Deirdra!

Bella Harte

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share |